Skip to main content

STAR TREK- ABOVE AND BEYOND


"SPACE THE FINAL FRONTIER, THESE ARE THE VOYAGES OF THE STAR SHIP, ENTERPRISE, IT'S FIVE YEAR MISSION TO EXPLORE STRANGE NEW WORLD, TO SEEK OUT NEW LIFE AND NEW CIVILIZATIONS, TO BOLDLY GO WHERE NO ONE HAS NEVER GONE BEFORE"

These words specks it all. Welcome to the world of the Star Trek. My fascination for the Star Trek began when I was a kid when Dooradharshan ran one season ofthe Star Trek, Orginal series. At that time, I could hardly understand the series, but I loved the Gizmos being shown in the series. But my real window to the amazing world came much later in my teens when the cable and the satellite TV revolution took form in India and Star Plus started broadcasting the original series. What had attracted me to the series?The reasons were many. First and foremost is the thought of man traveling to the lands and stars far away above the speed of light.I was always fascinated with the stars. Man from the beginning had the innate instinct to travel and explore. That instinct had made him explore strange new lands, witnessed by the discovery of the new continents and new civilizations. Man has explored the entire planet. Now his foot print will explore the galaxy, the final frontier. I strongly believe that it is only a matter of time before man breaks that barrier that ties us to this solar system and start the galaxies far away.

The second attraction is the fact about the existence of other new civilizations in far away galaxy who may be more advanced than us. Now I see many people talk about the lack of evidence about the existence of any intelligent civilizations out side our little planet. Such people talk with authority when they say that probably Earth is the only Oasis in this galaxy which supports life. Such arguments I feel is ridiculous. The fact that there are tens of billions of galaxies and each galaxy has tens of billions of stars negates the possibility of the arguments that we are alone in this galaxy. That fact that we know nothing about our own solar system or our neighborhood is a fact that has to borne in mind when we authoritatively profess the fact that we are alone. Such argument can only be because our arrogance or our ignorance as to where we stand in this universe.

I feel that the Universe is teeming with life and civilizations and life forms. As we start to explore the galaxy, we will meet life forms that will be from worlds far away. How they will react to us is a matter of speculation now. I am also a believer in the phenomenon called the UFO. No, I am not neurotic about the government cover up and all other stuff. But the very thought that we are visited by other living organisms rekindles my confidence and my cements my belief that we are not alone stranded in this island we call earth, our home.

I have full faith in the glorious future of humanity, when we step out of our littile island called earth and bravely explore the strange new worlds, seek out and establish contact with new civilizations and new life forms and boldly go where no one has ever gone before.

In confidence of a bold new future, this me signing off

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Japan is building massive Kirov-like battlecruisers? (Credits- Binkov"s Battle Grounds)

The Mysterious Warplane America Feared the Most (Credits- Dark Skies)

This Genius US Invention Changed the B-52 Stratofortress Forever (Credits- Fluctus)